4 servings ingredients
- 300gr. of tomato passata.
- 3 canned piquillo peppers.
- 1 can of tuna in olive oil (112gr.)
- ½ white onion.
- 1 garlic clove.
- 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- ½ teaspoon of oregan.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Cut the peppers into small dices.
- Drain the oil from the tuna can into a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion with salt and stir-fry it until onion is tender. The salt will help to draw the moisture out of the onion, and will make it cook softer.
- Place the garlic clove in the saucepan and cook it until fragrant about one minute.
- Add the tomato and stir-fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Crumble the tuna and add it to the mix.
- Stir in oregan, parsley and the chopped peppers.
- Stir-fry for 2 more minutes to blend all the flavors.
This is the result:
- If you want to give a different and nice flavor to the sauce you can add a glass of wine, Brandy or some other liqueurs just before adding the tomato.
- You can also add ½ teaspoon of paprika at the same time that others spices and chopped peppers.
With this stuffing you can make many different, easy and yummy recipes.
Here are some examples:
Tuna and pepper pasta.
Stuffed piquillo pepers.
You only have to cook your favorite pasta according to package instructions. Once the pasta is cooked and drained add the stuffing that we made and mix. Finally, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the pasta after serving.
This goes well with penne.
Toast with peppers and tuna stuffing
Fill the piquiillo pepper with the stuffing that we made. You can fill at least 8 piquillo pepper with this amount.
You can serve it with tomato sauce (see the recipe “Easy tomato sauce” and white rice).
You can decorate with some fresh herb on top of, like chopped spring onion, parsley,…
- To ease the stuffing of the peppers and so that it doesn’t spill out, the filling needs to be thick. If the
- For this recipe, it is better if the filling is thick to ease stuffing and avoid the sauce from spilling out of the peppers. If the stuffing is too liquid you can reduce it by simmering it for a few minutes.
Toast bread slices in a toaster or an oven.
Spread the stuffing mixture over the bread and you’ll see it’s yummy
- It’s better to use rustic baguette to do the slices.
- For this recipe it is also better to have a thick mix so that it stays firmly on the bread.