This is a quick and easy tomato sauce which doesn’t need anything that you don’t have at home. If add tuna in, it will serve as a easy pasta sauce.
- 1 garlic clove.
- 200 gr. tomato passata.
- 1 glass of cooking white wine.
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme or 1 of a teaspoon of dry thyme.
- 2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Wash the unpeeled garlic clove.
- Smash the garlic clove with the side of the knife. Just press down on the knife until you hear the skin crack.
- Heat up the trickle of olive oil in a saucepan with the garlic.
- When the garlic clove turns golden brown remove it from the saucepan.
- Add the tomato to the saucepan with the white wine, salt and thyme. Stir them in.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- If it tastes acid, use the sugar to compensate.
- Remove the thyme.
- The sauce is ready!