A healthy and refreshing recipe for sunny days.
4 servings ingredientes:
- 1 bottle (690gr.) tomato passata (or 6 peeled tomatoes).
- 1/2 Red or green pepper.
- 1/4 Cucumber (the wide variety is better for this recipe, but any will do)
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 1 tablespoon Salt.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin Olive oil.
- 2 tablespoon Sherry vinegar.
- 30 gr. dry Bread.
- 300 ml. Water.
Ingredients for side order:
- 1 Tomato.
- ½ Cucumber
- ½ red or green pepper.
- 3 Spring onions.
- 1 tickle of olive oil
- Also you can use: onion and croutons.
- Wash the vegetables and peel the cucumber and the onion.
- Dices pepper, cucumber and onion fairly coarse.
- Place all the ingredients but the water in a liquidizer or blender jar.
- Blend until well-combined.
- Add water to get the thickness that you prefer.
- Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Leave to chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.
Side order directions:
- Chop vegetables in small dices.
- Serve the chilled gazpacho in soup bowls.
- You can add a trickle of olive oil on top, just before serving the gazpacho.
- Portions of diced tomatoes, pepper, cucumber and spring onion can be served in small bowls for people to sprinkle on the soup.
- If you use natural tomatoes go for the ripest.